The ‘Damson Days 2014’ Damson Competition
A damson competition rounds off ‘Damson Days 2014’. The competition is open to both amateur (home) cooks and professionals.
The theme is ‘anything damson‘, which means that you can enter anything from a traditional damson recipe to an avant garde damson recipe. And also, your entry could be your favourite damson jam or jelly or gin. Or vodka. Or your favourite damson chutney or curd or mincemeat. Or damson chocolate truffles; they work well too.
Damson liver parfait with damson brioche? That spectacular dish won the prize in our previous damson competition. What you enter really is down to your imagination.
What You Need to do to Take Part
Bring your damson competition entry to the Ludlow Local Produce market on Thursday, 9th October 2014 by 10am. Label your entry with:
- your name and contact details
- the category you are entering (amateur or pro)
- the name of your dish
- the ingredients in your dish
The competition entries will be judged between 10am and 12 noon. The winners of both categories will be announced, and the prizes awarded, at 12 noon.
You’d be mad not to take part because there’s no point in hiding your damson light under a bushel.
Entry is free.
Here is a summary of the key points:
- the competition is open to amateur and pro cooks/chefs
- the theme is ‘damson anything’, which literally means what it says
- bring your entry to the Ludlow Local Produce Market on Thursday 9th of October by 10am
- winners are announced on the day at 12 noon
- prizes are awarded shortly after 12 noon